Blog for us!
Explore La Crosse is seeking bloggers! We’re inviting volunteer guest bloggers to share their experiences in and around La Crosse, Wisconsin, and surrounding communities.
We would love for you to write about any of the following topics:
Arts & Culture
Conventions & Meetings
Family Vacation Ideas (in the La Crosse area)
Festivals, Events, and Celebrations
La Crosse Hotspots
Music & Nightlife
MORE! (we’re open to ideas)
Blog posts should meet the following requirements upon submission:
- Posts should be 350 – 700 words in length (unless photo blog).
- Post title should be 5 – 8 words (in title case).
- Use short paragraphs or bullet points to make the post easier to read.
- Multimedia features (videos, images, infographics, etc) are encouraged but not required.
- Include external hyperlinks to other websites, blogs, and partner organizations where possible.
- Posts should be submitted as a Word document (.doc) with hyperlinks embedded in the post.
- Posts may include a 2 – 3 sentence author bio to be published at the end of the post. 1 – 2 links to the author’s website, blog or other personal webpage may be included.
Additional Submission Guidelines:
- Post must be useful to visitors of www.explorelacrosse.com (tourism-focused).
- Post must be grammatically correct, free of typographical errors, and generally well-written.
- Post must not include marketing links, nor should it be entirely self-promotional.
- Posts must be original and may not have been previously published elsewhere online.
- Plagiarism is not permitted. Authors must cite all sources and provide attribution where necessary.
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to verify originality using online tools.
- Spam, pornography, offensive content, and profanity will not be accepted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Those who wish to participate in the Explore La Crosse blog must submit their blog via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to not publish a particular blog post and to revoke blogging privileges at any time.
- No compensation is offered or implied by Explore La Crosse.
Fannin Counseling & Art Therapy Call For Artists Exhibition, Shift, Opening Friday, March 2, 2018 Application Deadline: January 31, 2018 La Crosse, WI--Fannin Counseling & Art Therapy (129 6th St S, La Crosse, across from the Cathedral of St....
He was a wise man who invented beer. Featuring a new photo shared with us on Instagram. Your photo could be next! Just snap a photo and use...
Explore the good, the bad and the downright ugly about how your body works: Grossology: The (Impolite) Science of the Human Body at the Children’s Museum of La Crosse January 20 to May 27. LA CROSSE, WI — Sometimes it’s stinky, sometimes it’s...
By: Sara Walters Grab your stretchy pants and a handful of napkins. There’s a great assortment of BBQ joints in La Crosse County to try! Whether you like fall-off-the-bone ribs or a nice saucy, smoked-meat sandwich, you can’t go wrong with these five...
There is no love sincerer than the love of food. Featuring a new photo shared with us on Instagram. Your photo could be next! Just snap a photo and use...
By: Anastasia Penchi You know the drill. Scramble and pack on Friday morning and hope you remember everything so you won’t have to shop for a wrestling singlet or running shoes at a department store chain that you’re not familiar with in a city you don’t...
By: Anastasia Penchi It’s time for some winter fun. The snow machines are whirring and the heavy equipment is pushing thewhite stuff around, so that means winter revelry has formally arrived at Mount La Crosse. Pull out those skis and snowboards – or just...
Gasoline Alley Toys & Antiques Do you have someone in your life that enjoys vintage and antique toys? Finding the right gift for them may be a feat but as luck would have it, we have an idea for you. Gasoline Alley Toys & Antiques offers vintage...
The annual poll has been permanently moved to line up with the calendar year. This allows the final results to be announced by Spring of each year, just in time to celebrate the many festivals, events and businesses in La Crosse County during the...
Badgerland Nationals Comes Back To La Crosse The annual Badgerland Nationals Wrestling Tournament is set to invade La Crosse on December 30-31, 2017 at Mitchell Hall on the UW-La Crosse campus. An estimated 750+ wrestlers from all across the country will...