Blog for us!
Explore La Crosse is seeking bloggers! We’re inviting volunteer guest bloggers to share their experiences in and around La Crosse, Wisconsin, and surrounding communities.
We would love for you to write about any of the following topics:
Arts & Culture
Conventions & Meetings
Family Vacation Ideas (in the La Crosse area)
Festivals, Events, and Celebrations
La Crosse Hotspots
Music & Nightlife
MORE! (we’re open to ideas)
Blog posts should meet the following requirements upon submission:
- Posts should be 350 – 700 words in length (unless photo blog).
- Post title should be 5 – 8 words (in title case).
- Use short paragraphs or bullet points to make the post easier to read.
- Multimedia features (videos, images, infographics, etc) are encouraged but not required.
- Include external hyperlinks to other websites, blogs, and partner organizations where possible.
- Posts should be submitted as a Word document (.doc) with hyperlinks embedded in the post.
- Posts may include a 2 – 3 sentence author bio to be published at the end of the post. 1 – 2 links to the author’s website, blog or other personal webpage may be included.
Additional Submission Guidelines:
- Post must be useful to visitors of www.explorelacrosse.com (tourism-focused).
- Post must be grammatically correct, free of typographical errors, and generally well-written.
- Post must not include marketing links, nor should it be entirely self-promotional.
- Posts must be original and may not have been previously published elsewhere online.
- Plagiarism is not permitted. Authors must cite all sources and provide attribution where necessary.
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to verify originality using online tools.
- Spam, pornography, offensive content, and profanity will not be accepted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Those who wish to participate in the Explore La Crosse blog must submit their blog via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to not publish a particular blog post and to revoke blogging privileges at any time.
- No compensation is offered or implied by Explore La Crosse.
Celebrate the arrival of spring by joining us on Saturday, April 28 for a bird walk through the forest! An expert birder from The Coulee Region Audubon Society and local Audubon forester will be help identify birds and their habitats as you go. Bring your...
Event is a collaboration between UWL, public library archives and Downtown Mainstreet, Inc. Walking tours of Downtown La Crosse celebrating 17 newly added Hear, Here stories — from the perspective of Ho Chunk, Hmong, African American, Latino, LGBTQ+ and...
La Crosse Community Theatre announced its 2018-2019 season on April 7 at its annual Patron Gala Fundraiser. “This is an incredibly exciting season for LCT,” said Grant Golson, Executive Director of LCT. “We are presenting two musicals that have never been...
By: Sara Walters 5 Cures for Cabin Fever Are you done with winter? Us too. Luckily, La Crosse County has an abundance of activities to help beat that cabin fever while we wait for the weather to warm up. Here are a few ideas to get you off the couch and...
The 2018 Restaurant Week La Crosse starts Friday, April 20 through Sunday, April 29, 2018, and will coincide with the Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine, and Cheese Festival festivities. Restaurant Week La Crosse is a 10-day food festival, celebrating local...
Artspire 2018 - You Belong. Fifth Annual Artspire La Crosse is June 8 & 9 Pump House Regional Arts Center presents the fifth annual Artspire La Crosse, Friday & Saturday, June 8 & 9, 2018. Artspire is the largest arts celebration in downtown La Crosse...
La Crosse, Wis. – A University of Georgia professor of English and author will give two presentations as part of the second La Crosse Reads. Sujata Iyengar gives a public talk on “Books at the End of the World” at 7 p.m.Tuesday, April 10, in The Theatre,...
Viroqua will again be alive with the sound of great music when the Driftless Music Festival (DMF) celebrates its 7th anniversary on Saturday, July 14, 2018. Food vendors start serving at noon and music plays from 1 to 10 p.m. in Eckhart Park adjacent to...
George Bernard Shaw said, "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." This quote is inside the elevator in the Children’s Museum of La Crosse to remind us all of the power of play for all ages. The Children’s Museum...
LA CROSSE WI APRIL 13-14, 2018 GET TICKETS HERE! By: Sara Walters One of the area’s most notable music festivals is fast approaching. Here are things to know if you plan to attend Mid West Music Fest (MWMF) 2018. There’s something for everyone. If you...