Blog for us!
Explore La Crosse is seeking bloggers! We’re inviting volunteer guest bloggers to share their experiences in and around La Crosse, Wisconsin, and surrounding communities.
We would love for you to write about any of the following topics:
Arts & Culture
Conventions & Meetings
Family Vacation Ideas (in the La Crosse area)
Festivals, Events, and Celebrations
La Crosse Hotspots
Music & Nightlife
MORE! (we’re open to ideas)
Blog posts should meet the following requirements upon submission:
- Posts should be 350 – 700 words in length (unless photo blog).
- Post title should be 5 – 8 words (in title case).
- Use short paragraphs or bullet points to make the post easier to read.
- Multimedia features (videos, images, infographics, etc) are encouraged but not required.
- Include external hyperlinks to other websites, blogs, and partner organizations where possible.
- Posts should be submitted as a Word document (.doc) with hyperlinks embedded in the post.
- Posts may include a 2 – 3 sentence author bio to be published at the end of the post. 1 – 2 links to the author’s website, blog or other personal webpage may be included.
Additional Submission Guidelines:
- Post must be useful to visitors of www.explorelacrosse.com (tourism-focused).
- Post must be grammatically correct, free of typographical errors, and generally well-written.
- Post must not include marketing links, nor should it be entirely self-promotional.
- Posts must be original and may not have been previously published elsewhere online.
- Plagiarism is not permitted. Authors must cite all sources and provide attribution where necessary.
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to verify originality using online tools.
- Spam, pornography, offensive content, and profanity will not be accepted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Those who wish to participate in the Explore La Crosse blog must submit their blog via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to not publish a particular blog post and to revoke blogging privileges at any time.
- No compensation is offered or implied by Explore La Crosse.
The 37th Annual Wisconsin State Senior Championship bowling tournament will open February 10th, 2018 at All Star Lanes in La Crosse. All Star Lanes will be hosting the Team Event of this year’s tournament while Pla-Mor Lanes will host the Doubles and...
Grown up now, but always young at heart! The Children's Museum of La Crosse opened on February 28, 1999. We are very grateful for the support we have received over the years from all our visitors, members, donors, volunteers and neighbors--THANK YOU! YOU...
People who love to eat are always the best people. Featuring a new photo shared with us on Instagram. Your photo could be next! Just snap a photo and use...
Officials for the LaCrosse Fairgrounds Speedway released the tentative schedule for its 2018 season The action-packed schedule will be similar to 2017, and include 15 dates for NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Weekly Racing. Those dates feature the...
By: Sara Walters A staple for lunch-goers and supper-clubbers, the salad bar is popular throughout the Coulee Region. Here are seven stops serving up the areas tastiest salad bars around. 4 Sisters Wine Bar & Tapas Restaurant A popular weekday lunch...
Don’t let the cold and snow keep you trapped indoors and miss out on winter fun! There’s so much to do on a winter’s day in La Crosse, Wisconsin, that you won’t have time to even think about being cold. An action-packed day of skiing, shopping, snowmobiling, and more...
Skiing is the best way in the world to waste time. Featuring a new photo shared with us on Instagram. Your photo could be next! Just snap a photo and use...
The TV crew’s next stop on this water trails tour is La Crosse County. Viewers will get a glimpse at the newly-established water trail through the Upper Mississippi Wildlife Refuge, which includes numerous marked canoe trails for every skill level, as well as the many...
By: Sara Walters Ready to be inspired? La Crosse County and the surrounding area offers a variety of entertaining art centers for your visiting pleasure. From classic cars to marine masterpieces, the region has an eclectic mix of exhibits to choose from....
By: Sara Walters The holidays (and hopefully the cold snap) are over. It’s time to bundle up the kiddos and get outside. Enjoy the longest season of the year with a timeless, fun-for-all ages activity...SLEDDING! Wear your children out with this...