Blog for us!
Explore La Crosse is seeking bloggers! We’re inviting volunteer guest bloggers to share their experiences in and around La Crosse, Wisconsin, and surrounding communities.
We would love for you to write about any of the following topics:
Arts & Culture
Conventions & Meetings
Family Vacation Ideas (in the La Crosse area)
Festivals, Events, and Celebrations
La Crosse Hotspots
Music & Nightlife
MORE! (we’re open to ideas)
Blog posts should meet the following requirements upon submission:
- Posts should be 350 – 700 words in length (unless photo blog).
- Post title should be 5 – 8 words (in title case).
- Use short paragraphs or bullet points to make the post easier to read.
- Multimedia features (videos, images, infographics, etc) are encouraged but not required.
- Include external hyperlinks to other websites, blogs, and partner organizations where possible.
- Posts should be submitted as a Word document (.doc) with hyperlinks embedded in the post.
- Posts may include a 2 – 3 sentence author bio to be published at the end of the post. 1 – 2 links to the author’s website, blog or other personal webpage may be included.
Additional Submission Guidelines:
- Post must be useful to visitors of www.explorelacrosse.com (tourism-focused).
- Post must be grammatically correct, free of typographical errors, and generally well-written.
- Post must not include marketing links, nor should it be entirely self-promotional.
- Posts must be original and may not have been previously published elsewhere online.
- Plagiarism is not permitted. Authors must cite all sources and provide attribution where necessary.
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to verify originality using online tools.
- Spam, pornography, offensive content, and profanity will not be accepted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Those who wish to participate in the Explore La Crosse blog must submit their blog via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to not publish a particular blog post and to revoke blogging privileges at any time.
- No compensation is offered or implied by Explore La Crosse.
We will be featuring a new photo that is shared with us on Instagram. Your photo could be next! Just snap a photo and use #explorelacrosse The true beauty of music is that it connects people. A photo posted by Dylan Overhouse (@illpickle) on...
Come Celebrate Leopold as a Sportsman On Saturday March 3, 2018 The Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge will honor the life and work of conservationist and sportsman Aldo Leopold on Saturday, March 3rd, at the visitor center on Brice...
Community is being asked to bring back the Herons for a 10 year anniversary Celebration The statues from the Pump House public art project “Herons of La Crosse” are looking to land in downtown La Crosse again but need a deep cleaning and repairs before...
Livability editors looked at cities across the country, and La Crosse was among the 10 best affordable. Number 5 to be exact. Situated along the Mississippi River, La Crosse is no stranger to accolades. Case in point? It earned a spot on our list of the...
Annual all-student juried show runs Feb. 23-March 8 A variety of artwork will be displayed during the All-Student Juried Exhibition at UW-La Crosse. The exhibition includes: sculpture, painting, prints, photographs, metals/jewelry, ceramics, drawing,...
On Saturday, February 24th at 2pm, Gene Pelowski will give a multimedia presentation on “The Discovery of the Tomb of Tutankhamun” at Castlerock Museum in Alma, Wisconsin. The program will include primary sources such as the journal of Howard Carter, the...
By: Sara Walters Do you love water sports? Or are you a newbie hoping to learn the ropes? Come get your feet wet at the brand new Driftless Sports Convergence held May 19th at the Onalaska Omni Center in Onalaska, Wisconsin. Here are five things you should...
By: Sara Walters Dog-Friendly Destinations in La Crosse County Traveling with your four-legged friends doesn’t have to be difficult. There are many places to eat, drink and play with your dog in La Crosse County. Check out these five spots for pet-friendly...
MORE FISHING IN LA CROSSE COUNTY...
Are you searching for the perfect sweet treat this Valentine's Day? Look no further. These four candy shops in La Crosse County have been serving up the goods for years and have just what you're looking for. 1. Linda's Bakery This family-owned bakery has...