Blog for us!
Explore La Crosse is seeking bloggers! We’re inviting volunteer guest bloggers to share their experiences in and around La Crosse, Wisconsin, and surrounding communities.
We would love for you to write about any of the following topics:
Arts & Culture
Conventions & Meetings
Family Vacation Ideas (in the La Crosse area)
Festivals, Events, and Celebrations
La Crosse Hotspots
Music & Nightlife
MORE! (we’re open to ideas)
Blog posts should meet the following requirements upon submission:
- Posts should be 350 – 700 words in length (unless photo blog).
- Post title should be 5 – 8 words (in title case).
- Use short paragraphs or bullet points to make the post easier to read.
- Multimedia features (videos, images, infographics, etc) are encouraged but not required.
- Include external hyperlinks to other websites, blogs, and partner organizations where possible.
- Posts should be submitted as a Word document (.doc) with hyperlinks embedded in the post.
- Posts may include a 2 – 3 sentence author bio to be published at the end of the post. 1 – 2 links to the author’s website, blog or other personal webpage may be included.
Additional Submission Guidelines:
- Post must be useful to visitors of www.explorelacrosse.com (tourism-focused).
- Post must be grammatically correct, free of typographical errors, and generally well-written.
- Post must not include marketing links, nor should it be entirely self-promotional.
- Posts must be original and may not have been previously published elsewhere online.
- Plagiarism is not permitted. Authors must cite all sources and provide attribution where necessary.
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to verify originality using online tools.
- Spam, pornography, offensive content, and profanity will not be accepted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Those who wish to participate in the Explore La Crosse blog must submit their blog via email@example.com
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to not publish a particular blog post and to revoke blogging privileges at any time.
- No compensation is offered or implied by Explore La Crosse.
Badgerland Nationals Comes Back To La Crosse The annual Badgerland Nationals Wrestling Tournament is set to invade La Crosse on December 30-31, 2017 at Mitchell Hall on the UW-La Crosse campus. An estimated 750+ wrestlers from all across the country will...
Too many people look at the holes in their life and miss the bagel. Featuring a new photo shared with us on Instagram. Your photo could be next! Just snap a photo and use...
By: Sara Walters ‘Tis the season for tasty treats—and less activity. The holiday rush and the way-too-early setting sun can be a deadly combination for athletic-minded families who may find that they spend more time snacking than sweating. Luckily, the La...
Explore La Crosse serving as collection site for Travel Wisconsin's annual charity drive Explore La Crosse is inviting residents to drop off new or gently used coats, sweaters, hats, mittens and other warm clothing items as part of the Wisconsin Department...
We will be featuring a new photo that is shared with us on Instagram. Your photo could be next! Just snap a photo and use #explorelacrosse I owe it all to little chocolate donuts. A photo posted by Mary (@maryesther19) on Jan 1, 2014 at 5:15pm...
Everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful Mississippi River Valley. We have some great ideas to help you get outside and enjoy the best of nature in our area and have a truly accessible vacation. Upper Missisisippi U.S. Fish & Wildlife...
The Tri-State Toe Picks Figure Skating Club has taken the sport of figure skating to the next level in the Coulee Region. Skaters of this club competed at both State Games of America this Summer and the Upper Great Lakes Regional Champions this...
By: Anastasia Penchi Want a great way to get into the holiday spirit? Drive your vehicle or walk through the 23nd annual Rotary Lights display in La Crosse’s Riverside Park any night between the day after Thanksgiving and New Year’s. Millions of LED lights...
By: Sara Walters There are lots of bars in La Crosse and surrounding areas that are rumored to have the best Bloody Mary around. One of the region’s top contenders is Rivers Rats on French Island. On the banks of the Mississippi, River Rats is a local...
Set for the first Sunday of December, the tour will feature beautiful homes, seasonal decorations and holiday treats and art. With the holiday season right around the corner, Lanesboro area innkeepers are preparing for the 2017 Christmas Inn Tour set...