Blog for us!
Explore La Crosse is seeking bloggers! We’re inviting volunteer guest bloggers to share their experiences in and around La Crosse, Wisconsin, and surrounding communities.
We would love for you to write about any of the following topics:
Arts & Culture
Conventions & Meetings
Family Vacation Ideas (in the La Crosse area)
Festivals, Events, and Celebrations
La Crosse Hotspots
Music & Nightlife
MORE! (we’re open to ideas)
Blog posts should meet the following requirements upon submission:
- Posts should be 350 – 700 words in length (unless photo blog).
- Post title should be 5 – 8 words (in title case).
- Use short paragraphs or bullet points to make the post easier to read.
- Multimedia features (videos, images, infographics, etc) are encouraged but not required.
- Include external hyperlinks to other websites, blogs, and partner organizations where possible.
- Posts should be submitted as a Word document (.doc) with hyperlinks embedded in the post.
- Posts may include a 2 – 3 sentence author bio to be published at the end of the post. 1 – 2 links to the author’s website, blog or other personal webpage may be included.
Additional Submission Guidelines:
- Post must be useful to visitors of www.explorelacrosse.com (tourism-focused).
- Post must be grammatically correct, free of typographical errors, and generally well-written.
- Post must not include marketing links, nor should it be entirely self-promotional.
- Posts must be original and may not have been previously published elsewhere online.
- Plagiarism is not permitted. Authors must cite all sources and provide attribution where necessary.
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to verify originality using online tools.
- Spam, pornography, offensive content, and profanity will not be accepted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Those who wish to participate in the Explore La Crosse blog must submit their blog via email@example.com
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to not publish a particular blog post and to revoke blogging privileges at any time.
- No compensation is offered or implied by Explore La Crosse.
Lights Over North La Crosse is a great event for the North La Crosse Community. The event takes place in Copeland Park and is a chance for family and friends to connect and kick off the beginning of the Holiday Season. Organized by the North La Crosse...
By: Sara Walters This month, get your family out of the house for some hands-on FUN! There are lots of ways for kids (and adults) to be creative in the Coulee Region. Make a craft for your home, try out a new skill, learn to cook a tasty new treat--the...
Checking our page on Paddling in La Crosse,...
It is only the modern that ever becomes old-fashioned. Featuring a new photo shared with us on Instagram. Your photo could be next! Just snap a photo and use...
We will be featuring a new photo that is shared with us on Instagram. Your photo could be next! Just snap a photo and use #explorelacrosse It's easier to go down a hill than up it but the view is much better at the...
Fall Aerial Video from elevatemginc on Vimeo. Check out more from Elevate Media...
A Week of Global Celebration! A group of businesses and organizations in the Greater La Crosse Region will come together to celebrate the fifth annual Global Initiatives Week Friday, Nov. 3 – Friday, Nov. 10. Organizers aim to showcase the community’s cultural value...
We will be featuring a new ongoing photo series from Bob Good! Check back periodically! This week is always a good one! Oktoberfest! We also feature a new photo that is shared with us on Instagram. Your photo could be next! Just snap a photo and use...
Performance is part of La Crosse New Music Festival A Mexican-born composer who is on the Juilliard School of Music faculty is coming to speak and perform at UW-La Crosse. Samuel Zyman, a 2017 Visiting Artist of Color, will give a pre-concert talk at6:30...
We will be featuring a new photo that is shared with us on Instagram. Your photo could be next! Just snap a photo and use #explorelacrosse One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an...