The rugged topography of the Driftless Area makes the land here at Justin Trails Resort perfect for our Winter Race. This family-friendly event is meant to be enjoyed by all fitness levels and ages. Participants can challenge themselves, have fun and enjoy the beauty of our trails as they meander through woodland and meadows.
Justin Trails has been in the snow business for 28 years and is excited to host this day-long event consisting of fatbike, archery and snowshoeing. Cost: $35 Adults for the day, participate in as many events as you like / Under 18 Free. REGISTER: www.active.com or www.justintrails.com
Three separate events:
1. Fatbike – One mile course through meadows and woodland with moderately difficult hills. Ten laps for a total of 10 miles. Fatbikes available day of race, first come, first served, no charge.
2. Archery – 5K biathlon of archery on snowshoes / xc skiing (you choose) through meadows and woodland with moderately difficult hills. Shoot from 15, 20 or 30 yards, one shot, score then move on.
3. Snowshoe – 2K snowshoe at-your-own-pace loop through an open meadow. Easy course with moderately difficult hills excellent for any fitness level.
*The course is groomed each snowfall, sometimes more often, for a hard packed surface.
Event details and schedule:
· 11:00 – 11:30 Registration
· 11:30 – 12:30 Fatbike 10 miles (one mile course + 10 laps)
· 12:30 – 1:30 Archery 5K (biathlon: archery on snowshoes/xc ski)
· 1:30 – 2:30 Snowshoe 2K (at-your-own-pace)
· 2:45 – 3:00 Awards & prize drawing (indoors)
A large indoor warm-up area in our Elegant Barn includes warm indoor restrooms located close to the race course. Snacks and beverages will be available from 10:30 – 3:30. Stay the night in our cabins and comfy suites. Directions and information on lodging is available at www.justintrails.com. Plenty of parking.
Big thank you to sponsors: Smith’s Cycling and Fitness, Blue Heron & Green Heron Bicycle Works, Redfeather Snowshoes, Snowshoe Magazine, Bikes Limited, couleeregionnutrition.com and Wyatt Bicycle Company.