Hear, Here, an oral history project chronicling stories from downtown La Crosse, announces a downtown La Crosse poetry contest. The organizers, Professors Ariel Beaujot and William Stobb, seek submissions of original poems that give voice to personal and/or public histories, or that engage downtown La Crosse landmarks or events. Winners receive cash, publication, public recognition, a commemorative broadside, and inclusion in the Hear, Here archive.
· Submit up to three original poems about a downtown La Crosse experience or landmark.
· No restrictions as to form: simply seeking energized, focused poems in a contemporary style.
· Previously published works are acceptable, but will not be considered for publication (see below).
· Submit to email@example.com by March 17, 2017.
· The winning poem will receive a $100.00 prize. Runner up receives $50. Honorable mention receives $25.
· The editors of Steam Ticket, an international journal of creative writing, will publish one or more of the winning poems in the spring 2017 issue.
· The top three poems selected will receive a commemorative, signed broadside print of a poem by Wisconsin Poet Laureate Kimberly Blaeser.
· The top three to five poems will be honored publicly at the Spring 2017 Artspire festival.
· All chosen poems will be recorded for inclusion in the Hear, Here archive.