Fannin Counseling & Art Therapy Call For Artists
Exhibition, Shift, Opening Friday, March 2, 2018
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
La Crosse, WI–Fannin Counseling & Art Therapy (129 6th St S, La Crosse, across from the Cathedral of St. Joseph the Workman) will be hosting its first art exhibition, entitled Shift, to debut Friday, March 2, 2018, and run throughout the spring closing May 4, 2018.
Shift will call attention to the normalcy of our daily routines by juxtaposing it against the dramatic changes, or shifts, that punctuate our lives. With change come grief and trauma, growth and development. Even more than the catalyzing events themselves, how we adapt to the shifting sands beneath our feet shapes how we see ourselves, creates our new normal. Artists are invited to submit work that is representational of a shift, dramatic change, and/or transformation.
Artist Criteria For Submission
● 18 years of age or older
● Have as the content and purpose of their art being representational of a “Shift” or
dramatic change, and or transformation
● Able to drop off and pick up work
● Work must be ready to hang
● Complete application form and submit $10 application fee by January 31, 2018
● Attendance of the Shift Exhibition Opening, Friday, March 2, 2018
Because of the constraints of the exhibition space in which the show will take place, submissions
must meet the following restrictions:
● Artwork (including dimension of frame) must be between 24” and 36” in width, and may
be any height up to 40”
● Artwork should be ready to hang, i.e. completed, framed, …
● Works must be two dimensional (no sculpture, pottery, or other three-dimensional work)
Selection Process & Notification:
All submitted works will be considered based on the following criteria:
● Artistic quality
● Strength of thematic elements related to shift, change, and/or transformation in artwork
● If you are accepted, by submitting your entry you give the exhibitors the right to publish your images for publicity purposes; we may ask select artists to provide higher resolution jpegs suitable for publishing.
● Artists are responsible for delivering the artwork ready to hang between February 23-25, 2018 to 129 6th St S, downtown La Crosse, WI.
● Artists are responsible for picking up their work from May 5-6, 2018
● Fannin Counseling & Art Therapy manages the sale of artwork sales, Artists receive 70% of artwork sales with Fannin Counseling & Art Therapy retaining 30%. Sold artwork will remain in the exhibition until the closing date. Proceeds from the shows sales will be donated to good cause.
The Applications can be found www.fannincounseling.com/shift
About Fannin Counseling & Art Therapy
Fannin Counseling & Art Therapy provides services to individuals of all ages and backgrounds, offering traditional counseling services related to anxiety, depression, and grief, and specializing in the practice of art therapy.
Melissa Fannin, MA, LPC, ATR, is a licensed counselor and registered art therapist. She specializes in the use of art therapy as a grounded, hands-on approach to developing mindfulness and creating change. Art therapy employs creative, nonverbal means of accessing grief, trauma, and personal issues. The creation of art can play a unique role in therapy, encouraging change and offering new insights. Art engages the brain’s creative centers, allowing clients to approach their difficulties from a new angle. Clients do not have to participate in art making and may stick with traditional “talk” therapy.
Fannin Counseling & Art Therapy will hold a grand opening celebration from 11am to 1pm and 4pm to 7pm on Friday, March 2.
For more information on individual and group counseling, visit fannincounseling.com.
Melissa Fannin, MA, LPC, ATR
Fannin Counseling & Art Therapy
129 6th St S
La Crosse, WI 54601
Fannin Counseling and Art Therapy
Grandad Bluff Grandad Bluff has become not only a destination point for thousands, but also a symbol of the beautiful Coulee Region. The 600-ft high bluff overlooks the city of La Crosse. The view of the Mississippi River Valley includes the three states...
Spring Apple Blossom Season Starting in late May you should plan to bike or drive the 17 mile scenic Apple Blossom Drive, to experience the natural beauty of blossoming apple trees. Ride along the bluff-top roads that overlook the Mississippi River and La...
Do ye ha' a wee bit of Scots in your background or have you been watching Outlander and need to find out more about this fascinating country and the Gaelic language? Then visit Castlerock Museum in Alma, Wisconsin on Saturday, May 19th at 2pm, for a...