Set for the first Sunday of December, the tour will feature beautiful homes, seasonal decorations and holiday treats and art.
With the holiday season right around the corner, Lanesboro area innkeepers are preparing for the 2017 Christmas Inn Tour set for Dec. 3.
The tour this year will feature eight area inns, all festively decorated for the holidays. The tour will feature local artists and musicians, holiday foods and a focus on giving back and celebrating the Lanesboro community in three ways.
First, $5 of each ticket sales will go to support Scott Dixon and his family with medical expenses from colon cancer. Scott and his wife, Stela Burdt, are both longtime resident ensembles of the Commonweal Theatre and active in the Lanesboro community. Information on their family’s cancer journey is at caringbridge.org/visit/scottdixon.
“Scott and I continue to be overwhelmed with all the love and support of our community. And wow, what a kind and generous offer from the innkeepers,” Stela said. “I truly thank you all. I shed tears of joy and gratitude when I think of what you all are doing.”
Second, the inns have developed an ornament depicting the 150th anniversary of the Lanesboro Dam. The ornament, produced by the Deneen Pottery company in St. Paul, sells for $10 and is available at each of the inns. Established in 1868, the dam will be renovated in 2018 and is a treasured icon of the Lanesboro community.
Third, Lanesboro Area Art Trail artists will be at each inn during the tour, showcasing locally made art. In addition, at the Habberstad House B&B, Lanesboro artist Joan Finnegan will be unveiling new paintings inspired by The Point, a black oak sand barrens prairie, which was recently acquired by Eagle Bluff Environmental Learning Center. The Point is the most diverse, remote and fascinating piece of property left in the Root River Watershed, according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. Finnegan is donating her paintings to Eagle Bluff as part of a campaign to support, preserve and sustain land management efforts of the Point.
2017 Christmas Inn Tour Details
Inns participating in this year’s tour include:
- Andor Wenneson Inn, Peterson, hosted by Megan Boyum.
- Cedar Valley Resort, Whalan, hosted by Sheryl and Larry Johnson; artist: Tyler Anderson.
- Anna V’s Bed and Breakfast, Lanesboro, hosted by Steve and Susie Harris; artist: Jennifer Wood.
- James A. Thompson House, Lanesboro, hosted by Dave and Marti Gray; artist: Val Tindal.
- Stone Mill Hotel & Suites, Lanesboro, hosted by Rick and Cheryl Lamon: artist: Ann Madland.
- Scandinavian Inn, Lanesboro, hosted by Peter and Vicki Torkelson; artist: Jane Grevstad.
- Habberstad House Bed and Breakfast, Lanesboro, hosted by Mark and Elaine Edwards, artist: Joan Finnegan.
- The Historic Scanlan House Bed & Breakfast Inn, Lanesboro, hosted by Kirsten Mensing.
Additional information and tickets for the 2017 Lanesboro Christmas Inn Tour ($25) are available at www.lanesboro.com/christmas-inn-tour or by calling 507-467-2696. Tickets are available on the day of the event at the Lanesboro Visitors Center for $30.
For questions, please contact Elaine Edwards, Habberstad House Bed and Breakfast at 507-467-3560.
For additional information or to arrange interviews:
Elaine Edwards, Habberstad House Bed and Breakfast, 507-467-3560