Our Business Creates More Business For You
The La Crosse Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (LACVB) is the primary destination marketing organization dedicated to driving tourism dollars into the greater La Crosse area. Our goal is to bring people to your business. We’ll do this by promoting our area as a great place to visit and as an ideal location for conventions, workshops, meetings, and trade shows. All businesses benefit from tourism either directly or indirectly. Because so many people are employed in our industry, the indirect influence is felt throughout the community.
JOIN. Joining the LACVB is simple and quick. Click “JOIN” and send in payment with the attached form for fast approval.
HOW WILL WE MARKET YOUR BUSINESS?
- - Our website is designed as THE premier destination marketing tool for the greater La Crosse area. Guests, groups and conventions visiting our site are greeted by a user-friendly layout, highlighting the most sought-after information.
- - What’s even better? As a member, you have your own page on our website dedicated to promoting your business the way you want – visually, verbally, and hyper-linked to your own personal websites and social media marketing accounts.
- - Directions to your front door – Your personal page provides a user-friendly map providing visitors simple and easy directions to your business.
La Crosse Area Visitors Guide
- - With 95,000+ printed annually, this magazine-sized publication is sent all over the country and internationally by request. Listing in this publication is included with your yearly membership fee.
Dining & Nightlife Guide
- - If your business is a restaurant or lounge, we print the only document promoting these organizations in our area! Our Dining & Nightlife guide is printed annually, with an initial print of approximately 6,000+. Listing in this promotional piece is included with your membership, and inserting a coupon can be added at a minimal cost.
Other Printed Documents:
- - Things to See & Do Guide: Highlighting attractions, this document is printed annually to offer a quick overview of the top things to see and do in our area. Listing in this is included with membership for businesses and organizations offering attractions. Approximately 8,000+ are printed annually.
- - Festival & Events Guide: This calendar lays out the entire year of festivals and major events for the La Crosse area! Complete with an easy-to-use map on the reverse side, this popular document is sent all over the country and handed out locally promoting La Crosse as a premier destination for those who love to be entertained! Approximately 25,000+ are printed annually.
- - “What’s Happening” in the La Crosse Area: Published WEEKLY, this is the go-to email blast that announces the upcoming week’s events – from dining specials, to Happy Hour entertainment, to major events and more, this document reaches over 1,000 people.
- - Social Media Advertising: Like Facebook? Follow Twitter? Pin on Pinterest? We will promote your events and promotions through our social media accounts!
- Your business brochures will be distributed in our two Visitors Center located in Riverside Park and the Wisconsin Rest Area near I-90 east exit #2, as well as the La Crosse Center. For an additional fee, we will distribute your brochure on our racks located in hotels, attractions, and restaurants throughout the La Crosse area.
- Referrals to your business to the thousands of inquiries we receive annually.
- Additional advertising opportunities in our annual Visitors Guide, Motorcoach and Convention Planner, Dining & Nightlife Guide, Monthly Newsletter, and more!
- Member Services are referred directly to tourist, motorcoach and convention clients.
- Representation at annual trade and travel shows annually throughout the Midwest and the US.
- Referrals…Referrals…and more Referrals.
As a member of the LACVB, you will receive the following benefits:
Current Travel/Meeting Information:
- The LACVB Monthly Newsletter
- The most current local and regional travel statistics for this region to be found anywhere, many available on a monthly basis.
- Special LACVB Forums and Meetings
We will give you numerous opportunities to network with top community leaders and professionals in the travel and business fields.
A Library of information is available to you as a member of the LACVB. Our Monthly newsletter, The Impact, carries information on Bureau activities as well as information on state and local legislative issues pertinent to business interests.
Free listing on our website with a link to your site
Weekly calendar of events
Option to purchase member mailing list and email list
The best way to find value in any nonprofit organization is to become involved. The following LACVB committees are available to you to participate in:
- Community and Government Committee
- Convention Committee
- Tourism Committee
- Special Event Committees
To become a member or request a membership information packet, contact:
Director, Media & Membership