There are two things that are hard to miss when you travel to La Crosse County—its beauty and its active communities. Views always consist of not just awesome bluffs and rivers, but also hikers, bikers and paddlers enjoying the terrain. Matt Christen of Wrench & Roll Collective has combined these two local features into the ultimate, active outing—guided bike tours. Here are five things you should know about this creative way to explore the Coulee Region.
1. You’re in good hands. Christen, the brains (and bike) behind Wrench & Roll, is a nationally-certified cycling instructor. He even shares his knowledge before each tour with a quick rundown on bike fit, basic gear and riding tips.
2. It’s active, but also informative. Riders will spend 60-90 minutes on their bikes so you’ll definitely get your workout in. But you’re also guaranteed to take home a little history, as well. Wrench & Roll offers different tour options based on your interest so you can get smart while you get sweaty.
3. Follow the leader…and your interests. Christen has options for all types of tours, from local sculptures and breweries, to recreational or custom rides. Select your tour topic and he’ll make sure your experience is tailored to your tastes. Most rides start at the Eagle statue in La Crosse’s Riverside Park, though custom tours do occasionally start at area businesses or hotels.
4. They’ve got the gear, too. Don’t have a bike? That’s okay, Wrench & Roll has you covered. Bike rentals are $7 per person. You’ll also be equipped with a helmet and complimentary water to keep you hydrated.
5. It’s great for groups. Looking for a fun business or family outing? Try a Wrench & Roll tour! Custom tours are designed around your goals and needs. They can be arranged at any time with at least 24-hours notice.
Wrench & Roll Collective
1355 Caledonia St., La Crosse, WI 54603
Disclaimer: This is just my perspective on La Crosse County events, businesses and activities. I’m only one local opinion. Explore the rest of the site to learn more on those that I’ve missed.
Sara Walters is a writer, mom and marketing professional. She lives in La Crescent, MN with her husband and two daughters, Caroline and Maggie. Visit Sara’s website at creativecontentandconsulting.c
Restaurant Week La Crosse | April 22-28, 2019 Restaurant Week La Crosse is a week-long food festival, celebrating local restaurants and eateries in La Crosse County, Wisconsin. During Restaurant Week visitors and locals may enjoy three-course meals along...
By: Sara Walters On the hunt for some sales? Maybe a unique gift or a tasty treat? The finest fashion? The communities of La Crosse County each offer their own take on a downtown shopping experience. Here’s what to shop for in the downtown streets of the...
By: Sara WaltersDo you love outdoor activities? Or are you a newbie hoping to learn the ropes?Come check out the 2nd Annual Driftless Outdoors Show held May 17- 18, 2019, at the Onalaska Omni Center in Onalaska, Wisconsin. Here are some things you should...