We’re inviting volunteer guest bloggers to share their experiences in and around La Crosse, Wisconsin, and surrounding communities.
We would love for you to write about any of the following topics:
Arts & Culture
Conventions & Meetings
Family Vacation Ideas (in the La Crosse area)
Festivals, Events, and Celebrations
La Crosse Hotspots
Music & Nightlife
MORE! (we’re open to ideas)
Blog posts should meet the following requirements upon submission:
- Posts should be 350 – 700 words in length (unless photo blog).
- Post title should be 5 – 8 words (in title case).
- Use short paragraphs or bullet points to make the post easier to read.
- Multimedia features (videos, images, infographics, etc) are encouraged but not required.
- Include external hyperlinks to other websites, blogs, and partner organizations where possible.
- Posts should be submitted as a Word document (.doc) with hyperlinks embedded in the post.
- Posts may include a 2 – 3 sentence author bio to be published at the end of the post. 1 – 2 links to the author’s website, blog or other personal webpage may be included.
Additional Submission Guidelines:
- Post must be useful to visitors of www.explorelacrosse.com (tourism-focused).
- Post must be grammatically correct, free of typographical errors, and generally well-written.
- Post must not include marketing links, nor should it be entirely self-promotional.
- Posts must be original and may not have been previously published elsewhere online.
- Plagiarism is not permitted. Authors must cite all sources and provide attribution where necessary.
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to verify originality using online tools.
- Spam, pornography, offensive content, and profanity will not be accepted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Those who wish to participate in the Explore La Crosse blog must submit their blog via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to not publish a particular blog post and to revoke blogging privileges at any time.
- No compensation is offered or implied by Explore La Crosse.
STAY SAFE. STAY COMFORTABLE. STAY HERE. The concept of vacation has changed over the last few months, and Explore La Crosse is here to help you plan for yours. If you’re from the La Crosse Region, don’t worry… there’s no need to pack! You can make summer memories...
National Ice Cream Month July is National Ice Cream Month and what better way to celebrate than to cool off with frozen custard or your favorite ice cream flavor! Even better, Wisconsin boasts of a multitude of dairy farms, contributing to the feel-good-taste in every...
Wisconsin’s beer scene is well known and one to savor. “With hundreds of breweries across the state and thousands of delicious beers, we certainly have many reasons to cheers,” states Travel Wisconsin. But which brewery is truly un-brew-lievable and ranks above the...
Find out what your next hobby should be. When you're, ready, use your results to plan your road trip to the La Crosse Region! Take the quiz and find how your interests and personality lead to compatible hobbies for...
Five Ways to Enjoy the Full La Crosse Region Experience Fresh air and safety are essential these days and the La Crosse Region bursts with adventure and socially-responsible activities for all. When you're ready, explore the La Crosse Region, offering an abundance of...
Find out your Traveling Style and when you're ready, use your results to plan your road trip to the La Crosse Region! Your Traveler ID can help you plan the perfect trip with adventure suited to you and your...
Have you enjoyed the Apple Blossom Scenic Drive yet? Early to Mid-May is the peak season to experience the natural beauty of rolling hills covered in blossoming apple trees. Plan to bike or drive the 17-mile route before the season ends! Ride along the bluff-top...
Find out what your post-quarantine travel persona is and when the time is right, celebrate with a road trip to the La Crosse Region! Remember what it's like to take a road trip? Do you daydream about the adventure...
When you think about travel, what first comes to mind? Adventure or R&R? Flying or a road trip? Experiencing new cultures and sights or dancing the night away? Travel can be considered as such a personal thing. It is different for everyone; different goals,...
Five Pet-Friendly Adventures in the La Crosse Region Let's be honest, our pets love having us home...but it's tough to entertain ourselves and our "best friends" each and every day. Thankfully, the La Crosse Region is full of pet-friendly fun to enjoy...