We’re inviting volunteer guest bloggers to share their experiences in and around La Crosse, Wisconsin, and surrounding communities.
We would love for you to write about any of the following topics:
Arts & Culture
Conventions & Meetings
Family Vacation Ideas (in the La Crosse area)
Festivals, Events, and Celebrations
La Crosse Hotspots
Music & Nightlife
MORE! (we’re open to ideas)
Blog posts should meet the following requirements upon submission:
- Posts should be 350 – 700 words in length (unless photo blog).
- Post title should be 5 – 8 words (in title case).
- Use short paragraphs or bullet points to make the post easier to read.
- Multimedia features (videos, images, infographics, etc) are encouraged but not required.
- Include external hyperlinks to other websites, blogs, and partner organizations where possible.
- Posts should be submitted as a Word document (.doc) with hyperlinks embedded in the post.
- Posts may include a 2 – 3 sentence author bio to be published at the end of the post. 1 – 2 links to the author’s website, blog or other personal webpage may be included.
Additional Submission Guidelines:
- Post must be useful to visitors of www.explorelacrosse.com (tourism-focused).
- Post must be grammatically correct, free of typographical errors, and generally well-written.
- Post must not include marketing links, nor should it be entirely self-promotional.
- Posts must be original and may not have been previously published elsewhere online.
- Plagiarism is not permitted. Authors must cite all sources and provide attribution where necessary.
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to verify originality using online tools.
- Spam, pornography, offensive content, and profanity will not be accepted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Those who wish to participate in the Explore La Crosse blog must submit their blog via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to not publish a particular blog post and to revoke blogging privileges at any time.
- No compensation is offered or implied by Explore La Crosse.
Celebrate and learn about owls with a full day of programs and fun on August 3 in Houston, MN. In addition to the Eurasian Eagle Owl, Great Horned Owl, American Barn Owl and red morph Eastern Screech-Owl who work at the International Owl Center, you’ll also get to see...
If you’re looking for a completely unique day trip destination, look no further than the Village Shops at Down A Country Road. Just as the name implies, it’s a group of shops in a remote locale. But what the name doesn’t tell you is how incredibly charming...
For nearly 30 years the internationally-known Brotherhood Singers have thrilled audiences with their old-style a cappella gospel quartet performances. They will be the closing act at this year’s Driftless Music Festival on Saturday, July 13 at Eckhart Park...
Deece Productions has released the inaugural Cheech's Deecefest Family Music Festival Line-Up. The festival, taking place July 26-28 at Creekside Grill and Pub and Bluebird Springs Campground, is a family music festival and will feature over 30 of the Midwest’s finest...
Mississippi Valley Mayhem (MVM) will host four bouts Saturday and Sunday July 13-14, 2019 at the Onalaska Omni Center. “1,000 Miles of Roller Derby,” so named for the collective number of miles teams are travelling to the LaCrosse area, features roller derby leagues...
PRO LOG ROLLING TOURNAMENT RETURNS TO ONALASKA FOR 2019! On Saturday, July 13, 2019, professional Log rolling returns to the Coulee region as the 12th annual Three Rivers Roleo returns to The Great River Landing in Onalaska, WI. For the fifth consecutive...
Join us for a free adult yoga class on Tuesday July 9th at the Trempealeau National Wildlife Refuge taught by Rylee Hedberg. Rylee is a 230 hour certified yoga instructor and co- owner of I AM YOGA studio in La Crosse. Her passion is to offer yoga to all...
ReNew La Crosse Neighborhoods 2019 (Revitalizing Neighborhood Empowerment With La Crosse Neighborhoods) and Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area would like to thank residents in the Lower Northside and Depot, and Logan Northside Neighborhoods and community...
The La Crosse Public Library is bringing the library to you! The new Pop-Up Library is bringing library services and programs to local parks, beaches, pools, and events throughout La Crosse. The Pop-Up Library is currently appearing Friday afternoons at...
Bowfishing Association of America World Bowfishing Tournament Permitted on Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge The Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge (Refuge) has been notified of the issuance of a fishing tournament permit...