We’re inviting volunteer guest bloggers to share their experiences in and around La Crosse, Wisconsin, and surrounding communities.
We would love for you to write about any of the following topics:
Arts & Culture
Conventions & Meetings
Family Vacation Ideas (in the La Crosse area)
Festivals, Events, and Celebrations
La Crosse Hotspots
Music & Nightlife
MORE! (we’re open to ideas)
Blog posts should meet the following requirements upon submission:
- Posts should be 350 – 700 words in length (unless photo blog).
- Post title should be 5 – 8 words (in title case).
- Use short paragraphs or bullet points to make the post easier to read.
- Multimedia features (videos, images, infographics, etc) are encouraged but not required.
- Include external hyperlinks to other websites, blogs, and partner organizations where possible.
- Posts should be submitted as a Word document (.doc) with hyperlinks embedded in the post.
- Posts may include a 2 – 3 sentence author bio to be published at the end of the post. 1 – 2 links to the author’s website, blog or other personal webpage may be included.
Additional Submission Guidelines:
- Post must be useful to visitors of www.explorelacrosse.com (tourism-focused).
- Post must be grammatically correct, free of typographical errors, and generally well-written.
- Post must not include marketing links, nor should it be entirely self-promotional.
- Posts must be original and may not have been previously published elsewhere online.
- Plagiarism is not permitted. Authors must cite all sources and provide attribution where necessary.
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to verify originality using online tools.
- Spam, pornography, offensive content, and profanity will not be accepted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Those who wish to participate in the Explore La Crosse blog must submit their blog via email@example.com
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to not publish a particular blog post and to revoke blogging privileges at any time.
- No compensation is offered or implied by Explore La Crosse.
La Crosse, Wisconsin, announced as site for Inaugural Redcrest Championship TULSA, Okla. (April 5, 2019) - Every major league sport has one season-ending event that stands for its very highest level of achievement.Major League Fishing's® Bass Pro Tour has...
By: Anastasia PenchiIf you spend the Fourth of July in the La Crosse area, it’s important to schedule a visit to Riverfest.The annual festival, known for its food, fireworks and family entertainment, is based at Riverside Park in downtown La Crosse, and is...
Viroqua will again be alive with the sound of great music when the Driftless Music Festival (DMF) celebrates its 8th anniversary on Saturday, July 13. Join us at noon for lunch provided by our amazing selection of food vendors then stay for the music...
Restaurant Week La Crosse | April 22-28, 2019 Restaurant Week La Crosse is a week-long food festival, celebrating local restaurants and eateries in La Crosse County, Wisconsin. During Restaurant Week visitors and locals may enjoy three-course meals along...
Pearl Street Brewery Celebrates 20 Years of Brewing Craft Beer in La Crosse, WI.Pearl Street Brewery prepares a very special release of a Kentucky Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout in celebration of twenty years of brewing beer in La Crosse, WI. Deux...
On Tuesday, February 26, La Crosse Distilling Co. will host the Fieldnotes Dinner Series to benefit the Mid West Music Fest, a non-profit, multi-venue, multi-genre music festival held in downtown La Crosse, Wis. and Winona, Minn. since 2010. The event will...
By: Sara Walters On the hunt for some sales? Maybe a unique gift or a tasty treat? The finest fashion? The communities of La Crosse County each offer their own take on a downtown shopping experience. Here’s what to shop for in the downtown streets of the...
By: Sara WaltersDo you love outdoor activities? Or are you a newbie hoping to learn the ropes?Come check out the 2nd Annual Driftless Outdoors Show held May 17- 18, 2019, at the Onalaska Omni Center in Onalaska, Wisconsin. Here are some things you should...
By: Sara WaltersCan’t wait to capture that perfect Instagram shot of your meal? If documenting the dining experience is your thing, check out these five photo-ready restaurants in La Crosse County. Too Pretty to EatThe Charmant Hotel - La CrosseThe food at...
Mid West Music Fest (MWMF) has announced the full line up for the 10th anniversary music festival held in Winona, MN on May 3 & 4 and in La Crosse, WI on May 17 & 18, 2019. Performing across both historic downtowns will be over 100 musical acts representing a...