We’re inviting volunteer guest bloggers to share their experiences in and around La Crosse, Wisconsin, and surrounding communities.
We would love for you to write about any of the following topics:
Arts & Culture
Conventions & Meetings
Family Vacation Ideas (in the La Crosse area)
Festivals, Events, and Celebrations
La Crosse Hotspots
Music & Nightlife
MORE! (we’re open to ideas)
Blog posts should meet the following requirements upon submission:
- Posts should be 350 – 700 words in length (unless photo blog).
- Post title should be 5 – 8 words (in title case).
- Use short paragraphs or bullet points to make the post easier to read.
- Multimedia features (videos, images, infographics, etc) are encouraged but not required.
- Include external hyperlinks to other websites, blogs, and partner organizations where possible.
- Posts should be submitted as a Word document (.doc) with hyperlinks embedded in the post.
- Posts may include a 2 – 3 sentence author bio to be published at the end of the post. 1 – 2 links to the author’s website, blog or other personal webpage may be included.
Additional Submission Guidelines:
- Post must be useful to visitors of www.explorelacrosse.com (tourism-focused).
- Post must be grammatically correct, free of typographical errors, and generally well-written.
- Post must not include marketing links, nor should it be entirely self-promotional.
- Posts must be original and may not have been previously published elsewhere online.
- Plagiarism is not permitted. Authors must cite all sources and provide attribution where necessary.
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to verify originality using online tools.
- Spam, pornography, offensive content, and profanity will not be accepted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Those who wish to participate in the Explore La Crosse blog must submit their blog via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to not publish a particular blog post and to revoke blogging privileges at any time.
- No compensation is offered or implied by Explore La Crosse.
On Sunday, September 29th from 12-4pm, Castlerock Museum in Alma, Wisconsin will hold its sixth annual From Forest to Furniture event. During the event, five area woodworkers will demonstrate how medieval furniture was made using hand tools. This year’s projects...
The new Crooked Pint Ale House in Onalaska is off to a great start since opening in late August. To keep the grand opening celebration going, the restaurant will give out Free Lucys for a Year booklets on Thursday, September 26 to the first 75 guests...
UW-La Crosse and the wider La Crosse community will celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month, Sept. 15-Oct. 15. From an evening of classic Latin American music to an exploration of the Hispanic world at the Children’s Museum of La Crosse, the month provides...
The Minnesota Marine Art Museum (MMAM) in Winona, MN, has announced its exhibition schedule for 2020. MMAM features one of the finest collections of historic American and European artwork in the midwest, with works by artists such as Claude Monet, Georgia...
SEPTEMBER 26–29, 2019La Crosse, Wisconsin This classic German festival offers beer, food, parades, people, music and other family entertainment.No matter if you are an Oktoberfest regular or newbie, here are five things to look forward to: The Tapping of the Golden...
La Crosse Community Theatre will hold auditions for the holiday musical, Elf The Musical, on October 7 and 8, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. at Weber Center for the Performing Arts, 428 Front Street South, La Crosse, WI.Buddy, a young orphan, mistakenly crawls into...
La Crosse-based Freedom Honor Flight, which serves veterans in western Wisconsin, southeast Minnesota and northern Iowa, continues its goal to fly veterans to Washington D.C. to visit the memorials that rise in their honor. Over 11 years of operation,...
An exhibition highlighting work from Wisconsin artists who are also art educators will open the University Gallery season at UW-La Crosse. The seven artists will exhibit various mediums, including printmaking, metalsmithing, encaustic painting, acrylic painting,...
Mid West Music Fest (MWMF) has announced its early-bird ticket special for both of its 2020 festival events. The 11th anniversary of the music festival will be held in Winona, MN on May 1 & 2 and in La Crosse, WI on September 11 & 12, 2020....
Downtown Mainstreet, Inc. is pleased to reveal a new alley of murals behind 444 Main Street. The project is a collaboration with over eight local artists and Downtown Mainstreet, with support from La Crosse SOUP, and Sherwin-Williams of La Crosse. There...