We’re inviting volunteer guest bloggers to share their experiences in and around La Crosse, Wisconsin, and surrounding communities.
We would love for you to write about any of the following topics:
Arts & Culture
Conventions & Meetings
Family Vacation Ideas (in the La Crosse area)
Festivals, Events, and Celebrations
La Crosse Hotspots
Music & Nightlife
MORE! (we’re open to ideas)
Blog posts should meet the following requirements upon submission:
- Posts should be 350 – 700 words in length (unless photo blog).
- Post title should be 5 – 8 words (in title case).
- Use short paragraphs or bullet points to make the post easier to read.
- Multimedia features (videos, images, infographics, etc) are encouraged but not required.
- Include external hyperlinks to other websites, blogs, and partner organizations where possible.
- Posts should be submitted as a Word document (.doc) with hyperlinks embedded in the post.
- Posts may include a 2 – 3 sentence author bio to be published at the end of the post. 1 – 2 links to the author’s website, blog or other personal webpage may be included.
Additional Submission Guidelines:
- Post must be useful to visitors of www.explorelacrosse.com (tourism-focused).
- Post must be grammatically correct, free of typographical errors, and generally well-written.
- Post must not include marketing links, nor should it be entirely self-promotional.
- Posts must be original and may not have been previously published elsewhere online.
- Plagiarism is not permitted. Authors must cite all sources and provide attribution where necessary.
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to verify originality using online tools.
- Spam, pornography, offensive content, and profanity will not be accepted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Those who wish to participate in the Explore La Crosse blog must submit their blog via email@example.com
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to not publish a particular blog post and to revoke blogging privileges at any time.
- No compensation is offered or implied by Explore La Crosse.
The La Crosse area has a unique offering of waterways strewn throughout the coulees and valleys of the Driftless Region. Pristine trout streams, acres of scenic backwaters, tributaries, numerous rivers, and lakes all abound in the area offer more than 119 freshwater...
From landmarks, such as Grandad Bluff and Sunny the Sunfish, to activities like canoeing or hiking, there are endless opportunities to snap a memory in this stunning Region. Put simply, natural beauty and fun recreation are easy to come by in the La Crosse Region and...
The Driftless Region - a part of the world with unparalleled views, a distinct topography, and a puzzling name. What is the Driftless Region, and why should you add it to your must-see bucket list? No trip to the La Crosse Region is complete without a Driftless...
As Spring and Summer approach us, it’s exciting to think about all the outdoor adventure coming our way! You don’t have to just stay home and rake your leaves… Check out ways to enjoy nature and get outdoors affordably in the La Crosse Region! Frisbee – The weather is...
The majestic bluffs and grand Mississippi River are the backbones of the La Crosse Region. However, there are some unique facts about the area that you may not know! Test your knowledge and check out five things you may not realize about the La Crosse Region! 1....
Take Your Adventures Before the Snow Melts! The La Crosse Region has all the activities to keep you warm through the last of the chilly months. From making your mark in the powder, drilling your hole through the ice and warming up with live performances, it’s time to...
Holmen | La Crescent | La Crosse | Onalaska | Town of Campell | West Salem Whether you are looking for a vacation or just a long weekend, the La Crosse Region offers something for everyone. Plan your stay in the Driftless Region; nestled between the bluffs and along...
An Afternoon with Castlerock Museum’s Founder On Saturday, November 9th at 2pm, there will be a special program at Castlerock Museum in Alma, Wisconsin with Gary Schlosstein, the museum’s founder. Gary first started collecting when he was 10 years old...
2019 Graphic Design Exhibition Featuring UW-La Crosse Students Opening at Fannin Counseling & Art Therapy, Friday, November 15. La Crosse, WI—Fannin Counseling & Art Therapy (129 6th St S, La Crosse, across from the Cathedral of St. Joseph the...
HOLMEN, WI- Trick or Treat So Others Can Eat is a community-wide food drive that takes place in Holmen on Halloween Night 2019 between 5:30-7:30pm. Over 200 volunteers go door-to-door collecting non-perishable items in 55 Holmen School District...