Blog for us!
Explore La Crosse is seeking bloggers! We’re inviting volunteer guest bloggers to share their experiences in and around La Crosse, Wisconsin, and surrounding communities.
We would love for you to write about any of the following topics:
Arts & Culture
Conventions & Meetings
Family Vacation Ideas (in the La Crosse area)
Festivals, Events, and Celebrations
La Crosse Hotspots
Music & Nightlife
MORE! (we’re open to ideas)
Blog posts should meet the following requirements upon submission:
- Posts should be 350 – 700 words in length (unless photo blog).
- Post title should be 5 – 8 words (in title case).
- Use short paragraphs or bullet points to make the post easier to read.
- Multimedia features (videos, images, infographics, etc) are encouraged but not required.
- Include external hyperlinks to other websites, blogs, and partner organizations where possible.
- Posts should be submitted as a Word document (.doc) with hyperlinks embedded in the post.
- Posts may include a 2 – 3 sentence author bio to be published at the end of the post. 1 – 2 links to the author’s website, blog or other personal webpage may be included.
Additional Submission Guidelines:
- Post must be useful to visitors of www.explorelacrosse.com (tourism-focused).
- Post must be grammatically correct, free of typographical errors, and generally well-written.
- Post must not include marketing links, nor should it be entirely self-promotional.
- Posts must be original and may not have been previously published elsewhere online.
- Plagiarism is not permitted. Authors must cite all sources and provide attribution where necessary.
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to verify originality using online tools.
- Spam, pornography, offensive content, and profanity will not be accepted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Those who wish to participate in the Explore La Crosse blog must submit their blog via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to not publish a particular blog post and to revoke blogging privileges at any time.
- No compensation is offered or implied by Explore La Crosse.
Trempealeau National Wildlife Refuge will once again offer a special waterfowl hunt for hunters with disabilities on October 20 & 21, 2018. To participate in this special refuge hunt, all applicants must have a Wisconsin Class A or C Disabled Hunting...
BOO-seum Halloween Party Friday, October 26, 5:30-7:00 pm OR Saturday, October 27 8:30-10 am OR 5:30-7:00 pm Children, aged 2-9, and their adults are invited to the BOO-seum, a non-scary Halloween party, at the Children’s Museum on October 26 or 27. Choose...
Land stewardship volunteers are invited to get to know and care for the Tunnelville Cliffs State Natural Area, protected by Mississippi Valley Conservancy for public recreation and native wildlife. Participants will learn about the land and help to nurture...
The fall season in Wisconsin is a magical one. From exploring apple orchards to picking the perfect pumpkin to planning that romantic fall getaway with someone special, there is something for everyone to enjoy. La Crosse County offers all of that plus the...
We are just a few weeks away from the 49th Oktoberfest Race Weekend at the La Crosse Fairgrounds Speedway in West Salem, Wisconsin. This year’s event will have 18 different divisions competing with 11 championships to be decided over the four days of...
Mississippi Valley Conservancy is offering to the public a guided mushroom hike at its Romance Woods nature preserve. Sabrina Aspenson, co-founder and current president of the UW-La Crosse Mycology Club, will guide participants in foraging for mushrooms...
Campus Activities Board sets fall concert Performance to feature Quinn XCII, Marc E. Bassy La Crosse, Wis. – UW-La Crosse’s fall concert will feature Quinn XCII and Marc E. Bassy. The doors open at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 14, in the Recreational Eagle...
By: Sara Walters A renowned chef, a passion for sustainable practices, and high-quality spirits. That’s what makes La Crosse Distilling Co. a unique new destination for La Crosse County visitors. Here are five things you should know about this now-open hot...
First Recipients of IMBA’s New Trail Accelerator Grants Announced National Education and Grant Programming will Accelerate Pace of Trail Building The International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA) is pleased to award its first round of Trail...
Article Courtesy of Travel Wisconsin There's plenty of fun coming up this Labor Day weekend in Wisconsin, and despite recent flood damage, tourism is open for business. Clean up and repairs are ongoing, and the Department of Tourism and local tourism...