Blog for us!
Explore La Crosse is seeking bloggers! We’re inviting volunteer guest bloggers to share their experiences in and around La Crosse, Wisconsin, and surrounding communities.
We would love for you to write about any of the following topics:
Arts & Culture
Conventions & Meetings
Family Vacation Ideas (in the La Crosse area)
Festivals, Events, and Celebrations
La Crosse Hotspots
Music & Nightlife
MORE! (we’re open to ideas)
Blog posts should meet the following requirements upon submission:
- Posts should be 350 – 700 words in length (unless photo blog).
- Post title should be 5 – 8 words (in title case).
- Use short paragraphs or bullet points to make the post easier to read.
- Multimedia features (videos, images, infographics, etc) are encouraged but not required.
- Include external hyperlinks to other websites, blogs, and partner organizations where possible.
- Posts should be submitted as a Word document (.doc) with hyperlinks embedded in the post.
- Posts may include a 2 – 3 sentence author bio to be published at the end of the post. 1 – 2 links to the author’s website, blog or other personal webpage may be included.
Additional Submission Guidelines:
- Post must be useful to visitors of www.explorelacrosse.com (tourism-focused).
- Post must be grammatically correct, free of typographical errors, and generally well-written.
- Post must not include marketing links, nor should it be entirely self-promotional.
- Posts must be original and may not have been previously published elsewhere online.
- Plagiarism is not permitted. Authors must cite all sources and provide attribution where necessary.
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to verify originality using online tools.
- Spam, pornography, offensive content, and profanity will not be accepted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Those who wish to participate in the Explore La Crosse blog must submit their blog via email@example.com
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to not publish a particular blog post and to revoke blogging privileges at any time.
- No compensation is offered or implied by Explore La Crosse.
The Three Rivers Roleo will take to the water at Great River Landing, on Saturday July 14th for the 11th consecutive year. The event will be broadcast on Fox Sports and is free of charge to the public. This sport has been popular in the upper Midwest, the...
2018 Shore Stop Schedule Boats dock at the Mississippi River Levee in Riverside Park, La Crosse. Schedule subject to change according to the unpredictable river conditions. Please call ahead to make sure the boat is on schedule: 800-658-9424. AUGUST...
Castlerock Museum in Alma, Wisconsin will hold its annual Castlerock in the Park event on Saturday, July 7th from 1:00-5:00pm at Rieck’s Lake Park. This FREE event offers an afternoon of family friendly fun for “Knights and Ladies” of all ages. Visitors...
Treat your taste buds to a locally sourced artisan breakfast of buckwheat crepes with goat chèvre cheese, wild boar bacon, gluten-free quiche with seasonal vegetable, and organic, fair-trade coffee. The event will feature a chance to meet the Center’s live...
Photo Credit: Three Rivers Roleo July 14 By: Sara Walters The fireworks may be over, but the festivals are not. There is still plenty of fun to be had! Check out these area events that take place after the 4th of July. JULY Riverfest 4-7 Riverfest runs the...
Guided Hike Offered at New Conservancy Nature Preserve on Kickapoo River in Monroe County Mississippi Valley Conservancy invites the public to its first Wilton Hemlocks Summer Hike at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, July 14th, 2018. Hikers will have an opportunity...
Cruisin’ Craft Beer & Film Festival taking place Saturday August 25, 2018 at the Weber Center for the Performing Arts Cruisin’ Craft Beer & Film Festival is announcing its inaugural year at the Weber Center for the Performing Arts. Individuals and families are invited...
As a child, Miss Tess grew up in a bountiful musical atmosphere. Her parents would sing traditional folk songs to her every night before she went to sleep. And the sounds of 1930s swing tunes filled the house as her musician parents rehearsed with their...
By: Sara Walters Ready to beat the heat this Fourth of July? These four spots feature all you’ll need—food, drinks, water and plenty of fun. Lake Neshonoc Pack a lunch and put on your swimsuit! Neshonoc Swarthout Beach is a great family destination for the...
We will be featuring a new ongoing photo series from Bob Good! Check back periodically! We also feature a new photo that is shared with us on Instagram. Your photo could be next! Just snap a photo and use #explorelacrosse I have photographed national...