Blog for us!
Explore La Crosse is seeking bloggers! We’re inviting volunteer guest bloggers to share their experiences in and around La Crosse, Wisconsin, and surrounding communities.
We would love for you to write about any of the following topics:
Arts & Culture
Conventions & Meetings
Family Vacation Ideas (in the La Crosse area)
Festivals, Events, and Celebrations
La Crosse Hotspots
Music & Nightlife
MORE! (we’re open to ideas)
Blog posts should meet the following requirements upon submission:
- Posts should be 350 – 700 words in length (unless photo blog).
- Post title should be 5 – 8 words (in title case).
- Use short paragraphs or bullet points to make the post easier to read.
- Multimedia features (videos, images, infographics, etc) are encouraged but not required.
- Include external hyperlinks to other websites, blogs, and partner organizations where possible.
- Posts should be submitted as a Word document (.doc) with hyperlinks embedded in the post.
- Posts may include a 2 – 3 sentence author bio to be published at the end of the post. 1 – 2 links to the author’s website, blog or other personal webpage may be included.
Additional Submission Guidelines:
- Post must be useful to visitors of www.explorelacrosse.com (tourism-focused).
- Post must be grammatically correct, free of typographical errors, and generally well-written.
- Post must not include marketing links, nor should it be entirely self-promotional.
- Posts must be original and may not have been previously published elsewhere online.
- Plagiarism is not permitted. Authors must cite all sources and provide attribution where necessary.
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to verify originality using online tools.
- Spam, pornography, offensive content, and profanity will not be accepted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Those who wish to participate in the Explore La Crosse blog must submit their blog via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to not publish a particular blog post and to revoke blogging privileges at any time.
- No compensation is offered or implied by Explore La Crosse.
The Mississippi Valley Archaeology Center offers a variety of programs throughout the month of July for both youth and adults at UW-La Crosse. Enrollment is still open for the following programs. Learn more and register on UWL’s Continuing Education...
You never know what you’re going to get when you turn onto a county highway in Wisconsin–it might be straight as an arrow through corn and soybean fields for dozens of miles, or it might be a twisting, turning, sightseer’s adventure...See more...
We will be featuring a new ongoing photo series from Bob Good! Check back periodically! We also feature a new photo that is shared with us on Instagram. Your photo could be next! Just snap a photo and use #explorelacrosse I have photographed national...
The Children’s Museum of La Crosse is proud to be a participant in Blue Star Museums, a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and more than 2,000 museums across America to offer free...
Public Invited to Paddle and View Wildlife Habitat from the River La Crosse, WI – Mississippi Valley Conservancy offers its second annual paddle tour of the Onalaska Canoe Trail on the north side of Brice Prairie at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 23rd, 2018....
At a glance... What: Herons of La Crosse "Flock" Exhibition When: Friday June 1, 2018 | 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM Where: Main Street Plaza, 200 Main Street, La Crosse Herons of La Crosse "Flock" Exhibition Opening Friday June 1 in the Main Street Plaza The Herons...
Second Annual Hiking “Challenge” to Feature Treasures of Protected Lands LA CROSSE, WI – Friends, families, and organizations are invited to hike the Trail Trek Challenge – a team treasure-hunt and fundraising event that takes place on La Crosse area...
By: Sara Walters This summer is going to be booming. With an impressive lineup of country stars hitting the stage at the newly-formed festival, Country Boom, the La Crosse area is excited to host this fun-filled event. Here are five things you should know...
Explore La Crosse is happy to welcome the 2018 National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division III Women's and Men's Track & Field Outdoor Championships, taking place May 24-26 at Roger Harring Stadium at Veterans Memorial Field Sports Complex at...
Photo Credit: Travel Wisconsin By: Sara Walters Not many states have as many natural recreation opportunities as we do in Wisconsin. And thanks to the DNR, we all have the opportunity to enjoy them on Free Fun Weekend! Here are five things you’ll need to...