Blog for us!
Explore La Crosse is seeking bloggers! We’re inviting volunteer guest bloggers to share their experiences in and around La Crosse, Wisconsin, and surrounding communities.
We would love for you to write about any of the following topics:
Arts & Culture
Conventions & Meetings
Family Vacation Ideas (in the La Crosse area)
Festivals, Events, and Celebrations
La Crosse Hotspots
Music & Nightlife
MORE! (we’re open to ideas)
Blog posts should meet the following requirements upon submission:
- Posts should be 350 – 700 words in length (unless photo blog).
- Post title should be 5 – 8 words (in title case).
- Use short paragraphs or bullet points to make the post easier to read.
- Multimedia features (videos, images, infographics, etc) are encouraged but not required.
- Include external hyperlinks to other websites, blogs, and partner organizations where possible.
- Posts should be submitted as a Word document (.doc) with hyperlinks embedded in the post.
- Posts may include a 2 – 3 sentence author bio to be published at the end of the post. 1 – 2 links to the author’s website, blog or other personal webpage may be included.
Additional Submission Guidelines:
- Post must be useful to visitors of www.explorelacrosse.com (tourism-focused).
- Post must be grammatically correct, free of typographical errors, and generally well-written.
- Post must not include marketing links, nor should it be entirely self-promotional.
- Posts must be original and may not have been previously published elsewhere online.
- Plagiarism is not permitted. Authors must cite all sources and provide attribution where necessary.
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to verify originality using online tools.
- Spam, pornography, offensive content, and profanity will not be accepted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Those who wish to participate in the Explore La Crosse blog must submit their blog via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explore La Crosse reserves the right to not publish a particular blog post and to revoke blogging privileges at any time.
- No compensation is offered or implied by Explore La Crosse.
You wouldn't be in Wisconsin if you didn't celebrate all things dairy. Kick-off your summer fun with this annual festival that does just that! June Dairy Days 2018 will take place June 1st - 3rd at Village Park in West Salem, WI - just a short drive from...
Grandad Bluff Grandad Bluff has become not only a destination point for thousands, but also a symbol of the beautiful Coulee Region. The 600-ft high bluff overlooks the city of La Crosse. The view of the Mississippi River Valley includes the three states...
Spring Apple Blossom Season Starting in late May you should plan to bike or drive the 17 mile scenic Apple Blossom Drive, to experience the natural beauty of blossoming apple trees. Ride along the bluff-top roads that overlook the Mississippi River and La...
Do ye ha' a wee bit of Scots in your background or have you been watching Outlander and need to find out more about this fascinating country and the Gaelic language? Then visit Castlerock Museum in Alma, Wisconsin on Saturday, May 19th at 2pm, for a...
Driftless Sports Convergence Debuts Saturday May 19, 2018 with Outdoor Celebrity Appearances, 50,000 Square Feet of Outdoor Equipment and Presentations Free admission by AARP Wisconsin Saturday May 19, 2018 10am to 6pm La Crosse, WI – May 15, 2018 –...
www.walleyefederation.com Presented by Cabela’s Ponca City, Okla.—May 9, 2018—The 2018 Cabela’s National Team Championship (NTC) has been moved from the Quad Cities area to Pools 7, 8 and 9 of the Mississippi River out of La Crosse, Wisconsin. Originally...
We will be featuring a new ongoing photo series from Bob Good! Check back periodically! We also feature a new photo that is shared with us on Instagram. Your photo could be next! Just snap a photo and use #explorelacrosse I have photographed national...
Saturday, May 12th, Trempealeau National Wildlife Refuge invites everyone to our Annual Birding Festival to celebrate World Migratory Bird Day (WMBD)! Each year the Refuge celebrates WMBD to encourage support for migratory bird conservation. This year...
By: Sara Walters What more accurately describes summer than grilling out and dropping a line? Two popular warm weather past times have joined forces for an awesome local event featuring Rotary Rock n’ Ribs and Bassmaster Elite. Here are five things you...
Opening Friday, May 11 - 4:30 pm - 8: 30 pm Regular Gallery Hours Fri 5-7pm Sat 10am-Noon Sun 10am-Noon La Crosse, WI – Fannin Counseling & Art Therapy (129 6th St S, La Crosse, across from the Cathedral of St. Joseph the Workman) will be hosting a first...