Explore La Crosse welcomes prospective volunteers. To assure that you will be comfortable as an Explore La Crosse volunteer, and that we will be comfortable with you, we select volunteers who meet the following criteria:
Explore La Crosse recruits volunteers to provide face-to-face information for the following tourism programs:
• Explore La Crosse Mobile Visitor Center
• Explore La Crosse booths at trade shows and/or events
• Great River Landing Visitor Information
• Travel Wisconsin Welcome Center located off I-90
Explore La Crosse welcomes all prospective volunteers. Prospective volunteers participate in a selection process based around the following criteria. We are looking for volunteers who are:
• Passionate about the La Crosse Area and the State of Wisconsin
• Customer service focused
• Computer literate
• Contactable via email – this is how Explore La Crosse regularly communicates
• Excellent phone etiquette
• Comfortable in talking one-on-one with visitors
• Team player who loves engaging with people
• Flexible and willing to assist with additional shifts when needed
• Keen to participate in ongoing learning and training
• Able to demonstrate a commitment to promoting La Crosse County and Area
• Willing to occasionally volunteer on weekends if needed
• A strong knowledge of La Crosse County and the La Crosse Area
Interviews are conducted and successful applicants undertake a training program.
Permanent volunteer placements are offered after successfully completing a three-month trial period.
Training is provided to all volunteers from induction to ongoing on-the-job mentoring and professional development. Volunteers complete all components of training successfully before they become an official Explore La Crosse tourism volunteer.
Time commitment required
Volunteer shifts are typically four hours each week, but may vary. Volunteers are asked to commit to at least one year of volunteering periodically. Volunteers are also asked to assist with additional shifts when there is a shortfall in the volunteer roster.Apply