Global Initiatives Week - November 7-14, 2014
Think Global. Act Local.
Throughout the Greater La Crosse Region.
November 7-14, 2014
- Highlight the connections our region has with communities around the world
- Educate individuals in our community regarding global issues
- Be a catalyst for conversations, ideas and initiatives
- Inspire and motivate people to become involved in global issues locally and abroad
- Improve our community through increased cultural competency
- Contribute to our region’s economic growth
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED?
We invite all organizations and businesses in the Coulee Region to consider doing one thing during Global Initiatives Week to increase awareness of global activities and issues, and encourage people to get involved! Your event will be advertised on a centralized calendar of events for the week, but what you do is up to you. The Global Initiatives Week calendar of events will be made available mid-October on this page.
Ideas of what you can do include:
- Specials or discounts on cultural items or clothing
- Live band playing international music, or show a film on a global issue
- Host a breakfast or coffee social with a cultural/global group in our community
- Host a cultural dance performance, or hold a cooking demonstration of ethnic foods
- Provide information on how to obtain a passport or how to obtain vaccinations
- Provide information on international business etiquette or host an educational session
- Show cultural artwork in your business
- Need more ideas? Click HERE for a full listing.
Post your event below.
Please contact Liz Arnold at 608-775-3833 for additional information.
THANK YOU TO THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATION’S FOR HELPING WITH THE PLANNING OF GLOBAL INITIATIVES WEEK:
- Coulee Bank
- Gundersen Global Partners
- Kwik Trip
- La Crosse Sister Cities
- La Crosse Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- School District of La Crosse
- University of Wisconsin – La Crosse
- Viterbo University
- Western Technical College